Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest home remedies for right-sided pain in the abdomen

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16135 Questions
I am having pain in my intestines on the right side. Is there any homemade remedies I cannot take asparins nor Ibprofin.

Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try Dicyclomine or Buscopan as these are antispasmodic

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
To recapitulate: Male/61 - pain in intestine - right side - wants homemade remedies - as you can not take Aspirins and Ibuprofen - tried Tylenol and Pepto Bismol...
Please give some additional information for me to assist you better:
Since when is the pain present?
Is it in the upper part or lower part?
Any nausea, vomiting, bloating of abdomen, loose stools or hard motions?
Any constitutional symptoms like fever, malaise, bodyache or any others?

If there is an intestinal pain you can certainly try Dicyclomine or Buscopan; but it is important to know the cause to have more specific treatment.
There are no known home remedies for pain in abdomen.

Awaiting for your details.
With Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor