Suggest home made remedies for ear wax

Dr. Urszula Stanko

Posted on Thu, 4 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: how to remove ear wax at home
Answered by Dr. Urszula Stanko 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try to not use cotton swabs.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Before you will star cleaning your ear make sure that you do not have an ear infection because cleaning may lead to a perforated eardrum.

You can try over the counter wax softening drops to soften and loosen the earwax. Please note that ear drops should be at room temperature (cold may make you feel dizzy). Place 5 drops in the affected ear. Repeat 2 times a day and after about 3, 4 days the wax should be removed. Do not use it more than 5 days.

Do not use cotton swabs because you may push the wax deeper into the ear canal.

If this will not help then you should go to an ENT (ear nose and throat) physician who may recommend you an ear irrigation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj