Suggest good milk formula for newborn infant
Breast milk is the best option.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Let me emphasize on the fact that breast milk is the best possible milk for a baby and there can be no alternatives for the same. Most formula milks are cow milk based and hence difficult to digest. Mother's breast milk is produced on the demand of the baby. Hungrier the baby, more vigorous is the suck. More is the suck, more is the amount of breast milk produced. Giving formula automatically reduces the demand of the baby and thereby the production of breast milk. All you need to do is to switch back to exclusive breast feeding and the production will increase automatically. All you need to do is to monitor the urine output. If the frequency is more than 6 times in 24 hours, you would know that the amount of feeding is adequate.
You should burp the baby for at least 15-20 mins after each feed. All you need to do is to hold the baby head end elevated for this duration. The extra air taken in would escape and the milk will not regurgitate back from the stomach to the food pipe.
Let me know if you have further queries.
Try to switch back to exclusive breast feeding.
Thanks for writing back. In contrary to your belief, the pain in your breasts is due to build up of unutilized breast milk store in your breasts. The solution is to increase the amount of drainage from your breasts, both in form of breast feeding as well as expressing breast milk. Unless you do that, eventually breast abscess is likely to be formed. Let the baby suck and get habituated. Do not worry with the crying which might be there for a few days. The crying is more likely to be due to improper burping. You need to hold the baby erect on your lap for at least 15-20 mins after each feed. That will prevent regurgitation which is responsible for his throwing up. Such problems are commonly seen with every baby. You would soon get oriented properly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dexolac infant milk substitute infant formula
- How good is nan1 formula for infants tummy
- Which infants formula milk is good dexolac or lactogen
- Nestogen formula milk for infants effect
- Infant with loose stools introduced with formula milk teething
- Mouth ulcer newborn baby formula milk
- Similac infant formula good
- Suggest formula milk for a child
- Infant has diarrhea due to formula milk
- Infant on breast milk refusing the formula what to do
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever