Suggest foods to be avoided in a thyroid disorder patient

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
Dear Doctor,

I am 36 years married woman and I have 7 years old child, I am 5.3 in height and 77 kgs in weight. I am a vegetarian, Enclosed is my blood report for Thyroid, please suggest food habits for me. I am not taking any medicines for thyroid, is my report normal or should I go for any medications , I am confused. Please advise.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Arun 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need to repeat after 3 months

Detailed Answer:
Hi

The report shows very mild elevation of TSH which can happen transiently.
I would suggest you repeat the test in 3 months time. No need for medicines right now.
Avoid cabbage, cauliflower.
Other vegetables and foods are fine.
Ensure you take only iodised salt.

Follow-up: Suggest foods to be avoided in a thyroid disorder patient 11 minutes later
which foods , vegetables n fruits help me for this condition... how can i make normal level naturally??

Answered by Dr. Arun 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
all except the ones mentioned

Detailed Answer:
All other vegetables and fruits except those I mentioned should be ok.
Natural help is by iodised salt and drinking milk and non veg foods if you are non veg.

Follow-up: Suggest foods to be avoided in a thyroid disorder patient 6 minutes later
doctor i dont drink milk, i eat egg white, do iuadvise me eating egg white and drinking milk without sugar help me bringng my tests to normal.

Answered by Dr. Arun 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it might

Detailed Answer:
It might normalize your tests, but repeat the test to know it. If there are other reasons like autoimmune , the test maybe abnormal again, requiring treatment.