Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Suggest food and medicine to keep cholesterol under control?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1306 Questions
Hello Dr. I am 30 yr old..161 cm height 65 kg weighing..male..I had diagnosed with a high cholestrol. it crossed 300 I am controlling food. Any specific food or medicine to keep the cholestrol under control? Thank you, XXXXX
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: please provide more details Detailed Answer: Dear Sir For correct interpretation of lipid profile, we require the detailed lipid profile and certain clinical information. Please provide the same so that exact strategy can be discussed. 1. What are the levels of various fractions of cholesterol i.e. LDL, HDL and VLDL cholesterol levels. 2. If you are a smoker? If any of your blood relatives has anginal heart disease? If yes, At what age it started ? If you have high blood pressure/ diabetes/ any chronic medical illness? 3. What is your usual blood pressure Once I receive this information , I will elaborate more on your question. Sincerely sukhvinder
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor