Suggest first aid treatment for slit wounds on wrists
Dressing abd bandage
Welcome to HCM.
If there is no heavy bleeding or no significant pain and as you said if the would has alreaduy scabbed then I expect there is no bleeding at present.
So,first you wash the wound with soap and sterile water and there after clean the wound with help of antiseptic (betadine or savlon or dettol) solution.
Apply antiseptic cream over the slit wound and put sterile gauze piece over it and cover it with bandage.
He will need tetanus shot for which you will need to go your PCP or GP.
If slit wound is not so big then there will be no need of oral antibiotics and usually this kind of wounds may get healed within 3 to 5 days with regular dressing.
Hope this helps and let me know if you need more help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- First aid for abrasion wounds
- First aid treatment for epilepsy
- First aid treatment for acidity
- First aid treatment for burns
- Treatment and first aid of tb
- First aid treatment for a bump
- First aid treatment for kerosene poisoning
- First aid treatment for paint inhalation
- First aid treatment for gastritis
- First aid treatment for stroke