Suggest fast relief and cure for a broken rib
are treatments able to reduce healing time?
Strict immobilization is needed.
Thanks for your question on HCM.
I can understand your situation and problem.
Normal bone fracture needs at least 21 days for complete healing.
This is normal time bone needs for recovery.
The healing faster if fracture segments are immobile or having minimal mobility.
Ribs are flat bones covering lungs.
So mobilization is high in rib fracture. Thus patient complaints of pain and delayed recovery.
We can not operate or fix the plate or screw in rib fracture. We need to give time for healing.
For faster healing and symptomatic relief try to follow these steps.
1. Wear chest belt (rib belt) for minimal mobilisation.
2. Apply warm water pad on affected site.
3. Start calcium and vitamin d3 supplements for faster recovery.
4. Start painkiller and muscle relaxant.
5. Avoid painful movements, strenuous exercise and heavyweight lifting.
Since all these are prescribed medicines, you need to consult doctor.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.