question-icon

Suggest exercise for knee pain due to osteoarthritis

Posted on Wed, 25 Nov 2015
Question: my wife has had to stay off her feet for 2 days because her knee's make it almost impossible to walk the doctor said a injection of Prolic would be a great help what is your thoughts on this? It has just started a week ago. Will exercise help this out? What other suggestions do you have to make it better for her.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani (27 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please mention the type of arthritis that she is suffering .

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problen I would like to tell you that please attach the prescription of your primary doctor so that I will know what medicines she is taking and type of arthritis they have labelled because treatment will be different . Only after seeing them I will be able to guide you what to do next . I feel that she is having osteoarthritis knee but still would confirm first . Also please tell if she is having swelling also over her knees.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist