Suggest effective medicines to increase height and weight

Pediatrician
Question
Hi I have a son of 1.10 years old, and I have been suggested to use the below medicines for his health growth.

Iron : Trifer or hemsi pd or orofer drops 1ml once daily.
Multivitamins : Zincovit syrup 5ml once a day.

My question is there any effective medicine to use for my Son to grow his weight and strength on a day to day basis
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Meera Kotecha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
no further medications required

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using health care magic.
Multivitamins and iron supplementation are usually prescribed as appetite improving medications in children. In my opinion these supplementations correct the deficiencies in the child and improves the appetite and general immunity. The gain in weight and the strength is achieved with proper food and physical play of the child.
I suggest you offer nutritious food to your son and let his appetite guide his intake. No other medications are there to be used on the daily basis for his strength and weight gain.
I hope I have helped you.
If you have any other query please feel free to ask.
Thank you
Dr. Meera Kotecha