Suggest effective contraception to avoid pregnancy

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: My girlfriend has had nexplanon inserted for a little over 6 months. And we havent had any accidents. We absolutely do not want any kids for a long time and we also use withdrawal i was curious if we are safe enough? We really want a birth control that makes it near impossible to have any accidents. Are we doing enough?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nexplanon and withdrawal are enough.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Nexplanon is a more than 98% effective contraceptive. When you are also using withdrawal method along with Nexplanon then there is absolutely no need to worry. You are completely protected against pregnancy.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 hours later
So as long as she has the nexplanon inserted, we are completely protected from pregnancy for the 3 years from insertion? We have sex very regularly and want to always be protected
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you are completely protected.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. For the 3 years from date of insertion you need not worry about pregnancy even if you are having a very regular sex.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.