Suggest effective alternative to Visyneral zinc for children

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Child Health
Question: Hello,

I have twins (Girls) and they are 7 months old, we were giving them Visyneral drops until recently. The doctor now changed it to Visyneral Zync but this medicine is unavailable across medical stores. Could you please prescribe an alternative to this so that I can give it to my girls?

XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can give Zincovit drop

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for asking to us

Visyneral is a multivitamin drop while visyneral z contains zinc along with multivitamin.
Although the need of zinc in infant is usually met with feeds only.
If you are not getting visyneral z you can use Zincovit drops.Zincovit has same constituent as visyneral z.