Suggest effective alternative surgeries for lumbar spinal fusion
You can wear lumbosacral frame
I have studied your case. I think that your surgery was not successful so you are not able to achieve fusion in the spinal column. So I would recommend you to get a repeat surgery where doctor will put lit of bone graft to achieve fusion. Back pain can not be relieved without fusion.
I would also suggest you to wear lumbosacral frame. This will help in supporting your back and prevent further progression of lysthesis.This will prevent some back pain. You should avoid travelling, weight lifting and sudden jerky activities.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
No problem with Air travel
Thanks for replying. It is good that you are using lumbosacral frame. Just make sure that it is stronger one and not just belt. Strong one has three aluminium rods in the back side.
I asked you to avoid travel by bus or car. Because some time jerky travel can increase your lysthesis. Air travel is not a problem.
Let me know if there is any other followup questions. thanks
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is there any alternative for spinal fusion surgery
- Lumbar puncture in spinal fusion
- Incontinence after lumbar spinal fusion
- Recovery after lumbar spinal fusion
- Limitations after lumbar spinal fusion
- Lumbar spinal fusion and cesarean section
- Results of minimally invasive lumbar spinal fusion 2009
- Lumbar spinal fusion success rate
- Lumbar puncture after spinal fusion
- Lumbar spinal fusion look like