Suggest effective alternative for Ciprofloxacin
See description please
Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There are a number of Drugs which can be used as an alternative to cipro.
These are all prescription drugs and their efficacy will depend upon the organism you have and its sensitivity to the drug. So I would suggest you to discuss with your doctor the other options and get a urine culture FIRST to see to which drug the organism is susceptible to.
A list of drugs which can be used instead of cipro are as follow:
1)Sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim (Bactrim, Septra, others)
2)Amoxicillin (Amoxil, Augmentin, others)
I hope this answered your question.If you have more queries I am happy to answer. Otherwise rate and close the discussion.
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ciprofloxacin hcl side effects
- Alternatives to ciprofloxacin
- Ciprofloxacin 500 side effects
- Ciprofloxacin side effects impotence
- Ciprofloxacin uses and side effects
- Alternatives to ciprofloxacin for uti
- Ciprofloxacin mental side effects
- Ciprofloxacin side effects on tendons
- Ciprofloxacin side effects in men
- Side effects of taking ciprofloxacin