Owl Image

Suggest dose of LiCO3

Owl Image
Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Question
dose of LiCO3 for general health---not for bipolar symptoms.
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Sexual Health

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
for general health it is not used

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir,
thanks for using healthcaremagic.
I would like to tell you that lithium is specifically approved for bipolar disorder only.
Its use in some condition like headache, Alzheimer dementia and some muscular problem is off label.
You mentioned that you want to prevent problems as you are aging.
I would like to know "what problems you want to prevent by lithium or what is the reason behind using lithium for general health". After that I can give you some clue regarding use and dose.
Just give me some detail, I will respond you back.
Thanks & Regards,
Dr. Chintan Solanki