Suggest dosage of Simvastatin

Question
I am very involved with fantastic well recognized cardiologist, general practicioner, integrative medicial, neurologist and urologist. No longer have to visit neurologist, and urologist. I will be making appointment with gastrologist for prostate examination. Two questions I take simvastatin 10mg and have went on and off this... It does give me memory and confusion problems about two days after I resume taking it. Integrative suggest I consult with my cardiologist and take it every other day rather than every day. I am concerned about statins damaging required cholosterol. Second Questions where can I get a nutrition/meal planning software which I can develop my proper eating and planning with shopping list etc. I have dozens of foods which I like and eat per XXXXXXX Ornish. Thanks for your help.
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
take continuous doses

Detailed Answer:

Simvastatin daily dosage may not reduce the cholesterol to the levels where one becomes deficient of them. For the medication to work optimally and to prevent complications the dosage has to be taken as formulated, based on numerous studies.

I am sorry, I do no know of such software developed which can provide an input comprising intellect of a nutritionist. Instead you can consult a nutritionist on our website who can formulate a diet chart based on your calorie requirements and food style.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Suggest dosage of Simvastatin 25 minutes later
Such a poor and incomplete answer. Are you really doctors ???

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please do ask if any doubts

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

I am sorry as I failed to impress you.

I try to keep the answer as simple as possible. This is considering the fact that some of our users may not be well acquainted with medical terminologies needed to present the answer more knowledge.

Simvastatin is more effective in lowering LDL-cholesterol concentration (which causes plaque), but they are less effective in reducing triglyceride and other forms of lipid concentrations. Hence, the chances of them damaging the required cholesterol are less. Since it inhibits a rate limiting enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, the dosing should be well spaced considering the circadian rhythm and the food consumption timings. Wrong scheduling or taking the medication at times other than that formulated by numerous studies can result in the receptors getting resistant and the drug becoming ineffective.

Daily dosage is the best way to get the desired effect by the medication.

Confusion and memory problems you face on restarting the drug after a gap could be purely subjective. There are no such side effects encountered usually with this drug.

I am sorry again about the planning software you asked. I believe a diet chart/plan should be laid down by a specialist who can think logically or analytically.

Hope, I was clear this time.

Please do ask if any doubts.

Wish you good health.