Suggest dosage of Cisplatin and Etoposide

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Is 80mg Cisplatin and 81mg of etoposide a high dose? Given for 5 days by IV in row?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
this is not high dose

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Cisplatin and etoposide is common chemotherapeutic combination form various types of cancer. This dosage regimen is not considered to be high dose and this is standard regimen for lung or ovarial cancers. Of course,every treatment should be based individually and dosage depends on type,size,grade and stage of tumor, but generally this is not some too high dosage. ALso, side effects of chemoth. are not related to dosage in most cases. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D