Suggest dosage of Azithromycin
Sore throat is mostly self limiting.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
For Sore throat, i advise to take an antibiotic like Azithromycin only in case you have persisting fever. Otherwise in most cases URTI is due to viral infection and it gets better with in 5 days.
You should take an anti allergic like Levocetrizine which is available as OTC drug. You should do warm saline gargles at least 3-4 times a day and do steam inhalation. You should also take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
Drink plenty of hot fluids to give your throat soothing and help in pain.
As far as your query is concerned, the dose of Azithromycin for you would be 500 mg a day. However you should take the medicine only after getting it prescribed by your doctor.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Azithromycin pediatric dosage
- Azithromycin azax 500 dosage
- Dosage of azithromycin for pneumonia
- Azithromycin dosage for sebaceous cyst
- Azithromycin 250 mg dosage
- Azithromycin dosage for adults ajax
- Suggest the dosage of azithromycin for chlamydia
- Azithromycin dosage for treating chlamydia
- Azithromycin pack dosage
- Azithromycin suspension dosage
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?