Suggest dosage for vitamin D3 and K2 supplements while having constant diarrhea

Gastroenterologist
Question
I had my gallbladder removed two years ago and starting to now have diarrhea a lot! . I am a small boned women age 65 and normally weight 112 lbs. I am losing weight due to the diarrhea . I eat an over all healthy diet of veggies and protein but can't digest fats which I know not is normal with this surgery. I want to try adding ox bile to my diet with my other enzymes. I apparently am not getting any benefit from my Vitamin D3 and K2 that I take daily. What dose would be safe.
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
300 mg once daily.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.

300 mg once daily would be a good dose to start with.However can be taken safely up to doses 300 mg twice daily.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you.