Suggest dosage for Unisom

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi,
I did what you recommended me and bought UNISOM.I took last night and slept well, but not enough. How much is the maximum dosage that I can take without problems because of the side effects.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait for a couple of days to see better sleep

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Good that you got some sleep. Wait for a couple of days on same dose and more improvement in sleep will occur. If sleep remains less then you can take two tablets and sleep will improve. Considering your age and risk of side effects I'd not recommend high doses. Two tablets would not cause much effects.

Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 days later
A MD did to me hypnosis without my consent, I mean by force.

Doctor Seikhoo Bishnoi. MD

I took 2 tablets of Unisom, two days in a row, and I could sleep OK. Thank you very much! I studied Medicne in my twenties (I did almost 4 years.) and different serious problems didn't allow me to finish. Now I need to make you the following question: What is your opinion about hypnosis?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hypnosis is good for sleep.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

If you are sleeping better with Unisom two tablets then continue with that. No need to worry.

Hypnosis can help in sleep and will relax your mind but the therapy takes time to show its effects. High dedication of individual and high expertise of therapist are needed for best results. If you have time then you can go with it, this will help to reduce anxiety too.

Thanks and Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D