Suggest dosage for Thyronorm
Thanks for replying my question dated on Sat 31st October 2015,
I'm here to ask the followup question.
As you rightly pointed out TSH levels are high, and I'm continuously taking 50mg Thyronorm since 1 month. It means, started taking Thyronorm 2-3 weeks prior to the blood test.
So my query is, in terms of Thyroid supplements, will the current (Thyronorm 50 mg ) do? or do you suggest any higher dosage of Thyronorm or any other medicine will do?
Regards XXXXXXX xxxxxxxxxxxx
50 mcg thyronorm is sufficient.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Your T3 and T4 levels are within normal limits. Only the TSH levels are high. This suggests a subclinical hypothyroidism. For this, supplementation with 50 mcg of thyronorm should be sufficient. It will take at least 6 weeks from the beginning of the supplementation for your levels to return back to normal. This will help in regularizing your periods also.
It is best to wait for two weeks more and get the TSH levels evaluated again to see the response of the medicine.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyronorm dosage versus synthroid dosages
- What is the dosage of thyronorm
- What is the suggestible thyronorm dosage for controlling tsh level
- Thyronorm 25 dosage for newborn baby
- Extra dosage of thyronorm
- Thyronorm dosage table
- Elevated tsh level suggest the dosage of thyronorm
- Increase dosage of thyronorm during pregnancy
- Suggest the right dose of thyronorm
- Regarding thyronorm dosage