Suggest dosage for Sovaldi and Olysio while treating Hepatitis-C virus genotype 4

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Infections
Question: is sovaldi + olysio is effective on hepatitis c genotype 4 and how I have to take them together or morning sovaldi night olysio
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sovaldi is approved for Genotype 4

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

The Sovaldi is approved for genotype 4. and to be taking with your olysio at the same time and with food.

You want to take then together to help fight the infection together. It is what we call synergistic effects. Together they work better than if they are taken individually.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact HCM again with your health care questions and concerns

Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 13 minutes later
is there a hard side effects cause maybe it will be triple treatment sovaldi + olysio +ribavirin for three months what's your opinion
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
fairly well tolerated

Detailed Answer:
The three medications for Hepatitis C are usually well tolerated together. The Ribavirin has the more serious side effects including suppression of the bone marrow. Your doctor will closely monitor you check your blood regularly to see if the combination is effective and prevent complications.

I think it is a good idea to use all three to help treat your Hep C

Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 15 minutes later
if the triple therapy sovaldi and olysio and ribavirin did not work the first three months can the treatment be repeated or its a once treatment
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Failed treatment may need different medication

Detailed Answer:
If you have failed treatment there maybe different medications to help improve your chances of remission. You can repeat the treatment but chances of remission are low.

Dr. Ronald Schubert