Suggest dosage for Phenobarbital
You can continue to use it with caution.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
According to clinical studies, it is known that phenobarbital clearance by kidneys is lowered with age,resulting this way in increased blood levels, but there is no age limit.
In my opinion, since you didn't experienced any side effects,or withdrawal symptoms, you can continue to use it, but a lowering of dose according to kidneys function and plasmatic levels, may be necessary.
Discuss with your Doctor about these issues.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Generic for phenobarbital
- Taking phenobarbital for seizure disorder any suggestion
- Usage of Phenobarbital
- Phenobarbital urine odour
- Is phenobarbital a controlled drug
- Phenobarbital and cystitis
- Phenobarbital without a prescription
- Phenobarbital 15 mg tablets
- Phenobarbital elixir package insert
- Phenobarbital for euthanasia