• question-icon

Suggest dosage for Pantocid HP kit

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i m 33 yr old hypertensive on medication Metoprolol 50 mg and Amlodipine 5 mg both OD. Now i have been detected for H PYLORI. with no ulcer. I have been prscribed with PANTOCID HP KIT for 10 days.may i know the min dose of PANTOCID HP FOR ME IN THE PRESENT SITUATION.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Two weeks

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

I would advise two weeks of treatment.
You need to take three drugs in the morning and 3 in the evening.
Of the three, take pantoprazole before food and the other two after food.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dr.R.K.
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 5 hours later
Dr R K.
I hav missed the dose for today.Can I start from the next day.Moreover on Fifth day of my drug I had feeling of fainting and discomforts also problem in proper breathing so I was worried as there is a moderate interaction of this drug particularly the clarithromycin with amlodipine.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
If you have missed the dose you continue taking it from the next day.

If you feel like fainting and also have other symptoms like discomfort and breathing issues, you need to visit your doctor immediately for clinical evaluation.

Dr.R.K.
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 17 hours later
Thank you doctor for the advice.
My query is related to the Gastritis again. Do chest pain, breathing problems, fainting and giddiness are symptoms of Acute gastritis? Coz many a tym this has happened with me only in evening and night and I have rushed to the hospital there they take the ECG and all are normal.I m attaching my recent ecg for your information. Pl advice me for these symptoms..I have got my ECHO TEST done in Oct 2013 and it was normal..
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
These symptoms are not related to gastritis.
Some of these symptoms may occur when you have reflux.
Since ECG and Echo are normal, there is no need to worry that these may be due to heart issues.

Dr.R.K.
Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist