Suggest dosage for Omnacortil
My Father is across MCTD treatment.
Omnacortil 30 mg once a day , before it was 20 mg twice a day (Total it was 40 mg).
Dr. XXXXXXX has reduced the dosage because of sudden memory loss has occur to my father. I need to know what is the right way for my father to overcome this situation.
Thanks & Regards,
Thank you for writing on health care magic
Well, the steroid do cause a bit of memory loss but the one you mentioned looks a bit different. I would like to know a few more details :
1. was the memory loss for recent episodes or old memory
2. was MRI brain performed?
3. does he have associated hypertension
4. What other problems of MCTD he has.. normally MCTD doesn't need very high steroids
5.Which rheumatologist is looking after him
Do let me know these queries
1) Memory loss for recent days, like he doesn't know that which medicines he is taking from 2 months.. And what he had at dinner yesterday, like that..
2)MRI brain was not performed
3) No, he doesn't have associated hypertension
4) Actually its not clear on basis of reports, it has Lupus or MCTD...
5) Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX is the Rheumatologist in XXXXXXX ...
Well, this sort of memory loss doesn't look like from steroids or the MCTD part. It is known to cause a few non specific hyperintesnity in the brain but not associated with memory loss...
Lupus or MCTD, treatment is usually with steroids in the start.
What I would suggest is you consult a neurologist and get a MRI brain. they also do the MMSE score.. There is something else going on definitely.
Do let me know for more queries
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Omnacortil paediatric dosage
- Suggested dosage of omnacortil 10
- Correct dosage of omnacortil for bullous pemphigoid
- Omnacortil and wysolone dosage
- Reducing omnacortil dosage reduce weight?
- Dosage for tab omnacortil
- Omnacortil dosage in babies
- Omnacortil dosage for dogs
- Omnacortil pediatric dosage
- Omnacortil dosage