Suggest dosage for Neurocet

Dr. Ishu Bishnoi

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Is it safe to take Neurocet twice a day?
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neurocet dose

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for asking from HCM.

I can understand your concern. Neurocet (Piracetam) comes in various dose formulations like 400, 800 and 1200 mg.

You can take maximum dose upto 20 g in a day if your liver and kidney function are normal. So there is no harm in taking two tablets in a day whether it is 400 or 1200 mg.

Hope it will help you. Thanks. Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 4 hours later
Doctor, the formula of the Neurocet I have is:

Calcium fructoborate ((FruiteX-B) 200 mg
DL-phenylalanine 100 mg
Boswellia serrata gum extract 100 mg
(20.0.% 3-O-Acetyl-11-keto-B-Boswellic acid)
(ApresFlex)

Is Piracetam the same as Phenylalanine?
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neurocet dose

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for asking from HCM.

I am sorry. I mentioned about wrong neurocet drug. You are taking dietary supplement Neurocet. It is used for pain relief, bone strength, muscle and ligament repair and strength. It does not contain Piracetam. Phenylalanine and Piracetam are not same. Phenylalanine is an amino acid which is required for protein formation, enzyme reaction. Normal dose of it ranges between 150 to 500mg in a day. More than 500mg can damage nerves. So twice Neurocet will provide you 200mg of it which is normal.
Sometimes Phenylalanine can cause allergy, heartburn, constipation, insomnia at usual dose. You can observe yourself for it.

Calcium fructoborate and Boswellia serrata gum extract are nutritional supplement from plants and almost side effect free. They improve osteoarthritis pain. It is good if you are taking them for joint problem. Usual dose of calcium fructoborate is 100-200mg twice daily. Boswellia's exact dose is not defined.

So you can take Neurocet twice daily. Also always get renal and liver function tests done every month. As damage of kidney and liver require dose reduction.

Hope it will help you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Take care.
If still any doubt, please let me know.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 15 hours later
Thank you very much, Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks

Detailed Answer:
Hi, you are welcome.

Thanks for the appreciation.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T