Suggest dosage for Misoprostol to resume bleeding
I am 5 weeks pregnant. I am 22 years old. I took 200mg of mifepristone last night. I haven't experienced any bleeding yet. When can I expect the bleeding to start.
And when should I take the misoprostol pills? I am told to take 4 of them orally. Is it the correct way of taking the pills? I don't want to put them in my vagina.
And is it 100% effective? When will bleeding start? And what if bleeding doesn't start? Can I take the pills again?
Bleeding will start in 3-5 days.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
After taking mifepristone the bleeding usually starts in 3-5 days. You can take misoprostal pills two tablets 12 hourly- two such doses. Taking them orally will cause more side effects like nausea, vomiting, etc.
The pills are effective in 95-97% cases in pregnancy less than 7 weeks. Do not take a repeat dose. Wait for the bleeding to start.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
And, like I told you I don't know exactly how to insert them in my vagina, so I would like to take it orally. Do I need to keep the pills in my mouth for 20minutes or should I just swallow it with water?
You can take the pills with water.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. You can take misoprostol now and take the rest of the two tablets tomorrow morning. You can take the pills with water and swallow it.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Thank you once again Doc!
You are welcome.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Misoprostol oral dosage for abortion
- Mifepristone and misoprostol dosage
- How long bleed misoprostol
- What is the dosage of misoprostol
- Dosage of misoprostol for abortion
- What is dosage of misoprostol for abortion
- Misoprostol bleeding after taking
- Mt pill and misoprostol dosage
- Misoprostol miscarriage dosage
- What is the dosage of misoprostol tablets
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...