Suggest dosage for Metronidazole and Clarithromycin
For how long have you been taking these drugs?How many days to go?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this quinsy and the terrible side effects you have reported from consuming these drugs. Metronidazle is known to make persons sick and am not surprised when you report this. However, treating your infection if very important and we must do all to do so.
If you just started the treatment, then I will suggest that you doctor considers trying another class of metronidazole like tindazole. It would have been a lot easier but being allergic to penicillins makes so many commonly used drugs not suitable for you. If you have been taking it for a greater number of days, then I will suggest you carry on and finish this treatment.
In all, completing the course of antibiotics is capital for your health. If the drugs are terrible and cannot be supported, I suggest the doctor should provide substitutes. If you have taken for many days already, then persevere and all will soon be over. Another source of hope is that these side effects lessen as the duration on treatment increases.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
If you think the symptoms are intolerable, suggest the substitute to doctor
Please, if you can put up with the side effects, I recommend you do so. If you cannot, kindly suggest to your doctor is switching to Tinidazole could make a difference. Please, metronidazole is worse if alcohol is taken during treatment, try and stay away from any alcohol containing beverage as much as possible during this treatment.
I hope this helps. Let me know what you think about this.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Metronidazole oral dosage
- Metronidazole dosage for humans
- Child having amoebiasis suggest the dosage of metronidazole
- Dosage of ofloxacin metronidazole in kids
- Can you use metronidazole and clarithromycin
- Metronidazole dosage for swollen gums
- Dosage of metronidazole
- Metronidazole iv dosage
- Ofloxacin and metronidazole suspension dosage
- Does clarithromycin or metronidazole cause dark stools
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?