Suggest dosage for Methadone while treating stenosis and osteoarthritis
Methadone at 60-80mg/day can be taken; get LFT done
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your query. Methadone is an opioid and has some mild addiction potential. So those who get pain relief with it tend to continue it. If you have been on methadone for 5 years without troubles, then I feel you can be continued with a maintenance dose which is 60-100mg/day in divided doses. In your case perhaps 60mg is an OK dose. However there should be renal and hepatic monitoring and dose adjustments. Discuss about it when you next visit the pain specialist. If both are fine, its okay. Otherwise, dose reduction has to be done.
Hope this was useful. If you have any other questions, i would be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will solu medrol treat hypertrophic osteoarthritis ?
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis
- How good is instaflex for treating osteoarthritis
- Suggest pain relief for osteoarthritis knee
- Will lodine treat osteoarthritis?
- Will aleve treat osteoarthritis?
- Taking paracetamol for osteoarthritis withdrawal symptoms if dosage stopped
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee
- How to treat osteoarthritis in hip
- How to treat erosive osteoarthritis