Suggest dosage for Metformin, Januvia and Invokana

Posted on Thu, 17 Nov 2016 in Diabetes
Question: Hi my doctor just prescribe invokana for me to take . I'm already taking Januvia and metformin in the morning only But they work fast to lower my blood sugar. Is it good to take all three only in the morning or should I ask my doctor if I should take one in the evening

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
they can be taken together

Detailed Answer:

the best time for metformin is with your meal. Januvia and invokana can be given at any time. They can be given at the same time if that's more convenient for you or you can take them at different times. It won't make any difference.

I hope it helps!
Kind Regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis