Suggest dosage for Meprate

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I was advised to use meprate for 14 days from 12th day of periods..im on my dosage.. it is the 10th day of dosage and periods started.. should I continue the dosage or should I consult my gyn
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Meprate should be stopped once the period starts

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. Meprate should be stopped once the periods start.
It also depends on the reason for starting the meprate.
Please do specify so that I can further advice you.
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 3 minutes later
thanks doctor...the reason for starting the me rate is irregular periods... I got my last periods in 16 days... and now though using meprate I still got in 20 days..while it's 10 days early that's why I am worried
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment depends upon your age

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, if your age is more than35 years, then irregular bleeding should be evaluated by doing endometrial biopsy to rule out any endometrial hyperplasia or carcinoma, and then the treatment should be started accordingly.
Irregular bleeding cannot be rectified by meprate only, unless the diagnosis is confirmed.
Hope you found the answer helpful.Regards
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
I've done pelvis scan and nothing was wrong. . will that rule out the necessary of viopsy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Endometrial biopsy should be done

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, endometrial biopsy should be done. Ultrasound do not give information regarding the changes in the endometrium.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
You can get back to me for further queries later by asking a direct question to me on the health care magic portal.
Dr Deepti Verma