Suggest dosage for Lyrica and Valacyclovir

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Infections
Question: my doctor gave me valacyclovir 500mg, pls tell what time of day I should take the med. also what time of day for lyrica. 50mg
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
not affected by time taken

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are some medications that are affected by the time taken eg statins for cholesterol but there are also many that are not dependent on a particular time

Lyrica and valacyclovir are not affected by the time taken but should be taken around the same time each day to that the level and effect is maintained in the body around the clock.

If the time it is taken varies too widely then levels in the blood may alter.

This means that if you use the meds at 6pm, should be used as close to this time as possible the next day

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions