• question-icon

Suggest dosage for Lugol's iodine solution while suffering from extreme fatigue and weakness

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I purchased Lugols iodine in the hopes that it will help my extreme fatigue and other symptoms of weakness. How many drops should I take in water?
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
4-8 drops

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns,

But please note, this medication should not be used without checking on your thyroid hormonal profile which includes T3, T4 and TSH.

However, the dose will be 4 drops in a cup of water for the first week then increase the dose to 9 drops in a cup of water in the first week and continue for three months.

I hope I answered your question. Let me know if I could assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 33 hours later
I believe I may have sciatica because of the pain I feel down my leg that originates in my buttocks area. I feel a pressure that gets worse when I press in with my hand in the muscle area of my lower back. Should I visit my PCP for a diagnosis or other specialist? And is there any home remedy I can take in the meantime? I take plavix so I don't believ I can take anti-inflammatory mess.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ct scan lumber vertebrea and X-ray hip joint recommended

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms,

these symptoms can be due to sciatica or a lumber disc prolapse , so I would recommend that you get a ct scan of your lumber vertebra for diagnosis . Another cause can be hip joint oesteoarthritis which can be diagnosed by an X-ray on the hip joint.

I hope you find this helpful. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman