Suggest dosage for Lantus Solostar
Usually 12 hours apart
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns.
You are currently taking lantus for your diabetes and taking it before lunch and before dinner. I would recommend that you take it before breakfast and before dinner. Though the exact timing is not all that critical. Lantus is a long acting insulin and is not burdened by high peaks and low valleys like prior insulins. As long as you take it twice daily you should be fine. There is less likelihood of causing low sugars if you take it too close together. So if you can administer your lantus about 8-12 hours apart there will be less likelihood of low blood sugars.
I hope I answered your question. If you have any additional questions please contact us again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bone cancer
- What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?
- What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?
- Suggest treatment for skin rashes
- What are side effects of Metanx?
- What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
- What causes hair growth on heel?
- Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines
- What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?