• question-icon

Suggest dosage for Klonopin

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hello, I take 10 mg of abilify and 1 mg of klonopin twice a day and Centrum vitamins. Today I wanted to take klonopin three times a day so I took my 5:30 pm dose at 2 pm. But my heart rate went up to 130. So is it okay to skip the third dose and will I have withdrawal effects because I took the evening dose early because I'm feeling a little shaky right now? Will I have a seizure?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

It is perfectly safe to skip the third dose. You will not experience withdrawal and you will not have a seizure. Withdrawal only happens after abruptly stopping all benzos for at least a few days in a row. Don't worry, you will be fine.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist