Suggest dosage for Hydrocortisone while having antidepressants

Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai

Endocrinologist

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I found out I had no coristol for two yrs and past out and vomiting violently and sweating thrust bed and clothes and the does was 30 hydrocortisone and that's what put me in hospital at that dose. They took me off. Then I started with 10 mg. I felt ok but sweating and sleep I can't do. I'm on antidepressant for high manic depressive and I can't take them together ? Or I just get sucker every time I go back on 30 mg for coristol. Dr got mad and said to take 30 mg but it keeps putting me in hospital with the same dizziness and sweating and vomiting so I went to 10 mg. dr said to find another dr. Now my heart and lungs r affected. Do I just die now. I almost did once.
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dose of hydrocortisone

Detailed Answer:
Good day,
Noted your question. For an adult with no cortisol poduction, need 15-20 mg hydrocortisone per day. You could start with 10 mg early in the morning and 5 mg in the evening ( 5pm). If you feel tired, you may add another 5 mg at noon ( 1 pm).

With this dose, you may feel better.

Do you have any old reports with you ? Could you attach them to this question?

The other symptoms what you experience may be from depression/anxiety itself. Are you on any medicines for depression??
Binu