Suggest dosage for Hydrochlorothiazide
About Diabetes and blood pressure treatment;
For the blood pressure i would recommend to discuss with your treating physician about using Enalapril (if your renal function is not alterated).
It is the best choice for a patient with Diabetes because it lowers the blood pressure and protects the kidneys from Diabetes damages.
It may cause a dry cough and in these cases is discontinued.
Of course physical activity and a low salt diet should have been suggested by your physician.
Your actual weight and height ( or BMI) and HbA1c (the mean glucose levels of the last three months) would be the main indicators of Diabetes control.
If you are overweight and HbA1c is high with the actual treatment, metformine would be a good alternative ( of course if there are no contraindications such as; renal or liver function impairment).
So i would recommend to check:
-HbA1c, BUN and Creatinine, AST, ALT.
I would be happy to review your performed tests for another professional opinion.
I am always at your disposal for any other questions whenever you need!
Wishing all the best,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hydrochlorothiazide cortisol
- Hydrochlorothiazide itchy
- Hydrochlorothiazide for anxiety
- Hydrochlorothiazide for breast
- Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide dosage
- Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg dosage
- Triamterene hydrochlorothiazide dosage
- Hydrochlorothiazide dosage range
- Hydrochlorothiazide lesuride
- Cozaar hydrochlorothiazide dosage