Suggest dosage for Eltroxin

Posted on Mon, 28 Dec 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I am 7 months pregnant and suffering from thyroid. current Tsh level is
STSH ultra3 : 3.18
Currently i am taking eltroxin 50 mg

and I have been asked to maintain tsh level aroung 2.5.

what should be the correct dosage to achieve the required tsh level.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dosage needs to be increased.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Your TSH level is just mildly raised. To achieve the desired levels either you increase the dosage to 75 mcg per day or take an extra tablet of 50 mcg twice a week on Monday- Thursday. This will help in bringing the levels down to the normal range in next 3-4 weeks.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL XXXX
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 days later
hii Dr,

I am 7 months pregnant and did my CBC test. I have attached the reports and found that some counts are not upto mark. Can you please suggest...
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not worrisome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen the attached report. Hemoglobin at 11.2 is not low for pregnancy. The presence of epithelial cells in urine is also a normal variation and not worrisome. None of these findings need an active treatment right now. You can start taking an iron rich diet with regular antenatal supplements.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN