Suggest dosage for Duromine

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: my partner takes duromine 40mg capsules as prescribed by his doctor and wants to increase the effect by taking 2 capsules (80mg). He is 95kg and 175cm tall.

I would like to know the possible adverse effects and if this could cause an overdose I'm concerned by the side effects I have found on mims online, but he thinks it will be fine and wants a doctors opinion but our normal GP is currently on holiday
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Already at the highest dose do not DOUBLE

Detailed Answer:

I sincerely recommend not to take Duromine (phentermine) more than what your doctor prescribed. That means your partner is already at maximum dose which is the highest recommendations per day. I suggest not to double the dose.

You can confirm this with your doctor once he arrives from holiday.

Instead I ask to take this tablet one hour before your early morning breakfast which gives the maximum benefit.

Hope this is clear.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 13 minutes later
I understand taking double the dose is not recommended I have asked what side effects would he be at risk of suffering?
And would he be at risk of overdose at this doseage?
If I can't stop him what symptoms should I be looking out for?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Overdose

Detailed Answer:
Yes, it may be a risk of overdose for few.

The symptoms you have to watch are shortness of breath even for regular activities like taking one flight of stairs, chest pain, dizziness, monitoring BP, pulse and sugar is ideal and when fluctuates widely you should report.