Suggest dosage for Cyproterone
First I would like to know the medical reason for which you have been prescribed cyproterone.
There are very select circumstances it is used in.
Moreover, the dose that you have mentioned is also unusual. Typically it is 100 mg with further dose increments.
I would also like to know why you are on Luvox.
Cyproterone is not approved as a medication for reducing sex drive.
Off label some physicians use it to treat transgender patients ie in male to female trans-sexuals it is used as an 'anti-androgen' in a dose of 100 mg per day.Anti androgen means the medication lowers the effect of male hormones in the body. This would also suppress the male type sexual desire.
Second follow up
Cyproterone is used off-label in some countries for special circumstances such as those with 'paraphilia' ie abnormal sexual disorders and sex offenders.
Depo Provera injections have also been reportedly used for this purpose.
However as an endocrinologist practising conventional modern allopathic medicine, I prefer to recommend only approved drug uses.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...