question-icon

Suggest Dosage For Cipralex And Lexotanil

Posted on Wed, 25 Oct 2017
Question: Hello i am taking cipralex for anxiety and Panic attacks 20 mg once a day along with 0.75 mg Lexotanil twice a day i am not feeling well so my doctor suggested to increase the dosage of cipralex to 30 MG and Lexotanil to a 3mg total so i want another opinion
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi (21 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
High doses could increase the side effects.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

I can understand your concern. Cipralex is Escitalopram and is a SSRI drug. Commonly the drug shows its effects in around 10-15 mg doses and in some individuals high doses of 20 mg are advised. I don't think increasing the dose to 30 mg will add to some therapeutic benefits. This will increase the risk of side effects especially sexual side effects and could worsen the symptoms.

So if with 20 mg dose you are not seeing improvement then discuss with your doctor to add some other drug for augmentation. Low dose antipsychotics could be tried which will increase the effects of 20 mg dose of Escitalopram.

Thanks and Take care

You are welcome to ask follow up doubts.
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi (7 minutes later)
Regarding the Increase of Lexotanil of i keep cipralex the same do u think it will increase the benefit?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi (3 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
This will cause symptomatic relief.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Increasing the Lexotanil would help to control the symptoms but this will not treat the anxiety. But yes you will see symptomatic relief in increasing the Lexotanil.

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi (1 minute later)
Okay thank you so i will increase Lexotanil and keep the cipralex same
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi (1 minute later)
Brief Answer:
Yes you can give this a try, thanks!

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Yes you can give this a try.

Thanks.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist