Suggest dosage for Cerazette

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi does cerazette still work after taking the morning after pill ?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you my start cerazette fresh pack after withdrawal bleed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to hcm,
Ideally if you have taken the morning after pill, then you must wait for the withdrawal bleed to get initiated first and then start a fresh pack of cerazette from day 2 of your next cycle.
If you were already on cerazette since before then there was no need for a morning after pill at all as you wouldn't have ovulated at all and there would have been no fertilisation in absence of ovulation. As with are progesterone based drugs, it is better to stop cerazette now if you have taken the morning after pill and wait for the withdrawal and then start a fresh pack later.