Suggest dosage for Cabergoline

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: what is the right dose of cabergolin to aid a 69 y/o male to improve his sexual response ?
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
0.5 mg once a week in a single dose.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

Cabergoline is an ergot medication and works by blocking the release of prolactin from the pituitary gland. It can help in reducing the ED or to improve sexual response.

Initially cabergoline (Dostinex) is given 0.5 mg once a week in a single dose.

The weekly dose can be increased gradually, preferably by adding 0.5 mg per week at monthly intervals until an optimal therapeutic response is achieved or as directed by your treating doctor.

The dosage should be based on your medical condition and response to the treatment (prolactin levels).

You can consult your treating physician or endocrinologist for proper dose regulation to have an optimum effect and least side effects.

I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you.

Dr.Sandip Kabra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar