Suggest dosage for Buscopan
You are reporting reporting to have used rifacol for 3 days.
There are some different ways of using rifacol like:
- using 14 day of rifacol and than 14 free and than 14 day again using rifacol.
so it means using rifacol up to 28 days in two months and than stopping it for more than 1 year.
- using rifacol for 3 days every months like in your case.
So there is nothing to be worried if you use rifacol after 19 days off .
You can use it now for 3 days and repeat it next month again or you can use rifcol now for 14 days and don't repeat it next month.
Usually the patients that use it for 14 days have no IBS symptoms for at least 10 months after.
Hope it was helpful to you.
Thank you for your rapid response.
If I choose to use the 3 day once a month dose, how long can I continue that method? In other words, is it "forever"?
Has the success rate in treating this condition with Rifacol been greater with the 3 day method or the 14 on 14 off 2 times then stopping for one year method?
Many thanks for your help and advice.
With regards to the method of 3 days per month usually it is used for 3-6 months .
There are a lot of studies about the most effective way of using rifacol for IBS.
Most of them suggest to use rifacol 14 days /month repeated for two months.
Otherwise your treating doctor knows better your health condition because he has done your physical examination too.
Wish you all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome due to mild lupus. Have...
- Had sinus infection and prescribed with amox clav. Recommended to have...
- Using anti wrinkle cream with Retinol. Lips peeling and crackling....
- What causes feeling of foul taste coming from stomach when i burp?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting post hip surgery
- Is it normal to have spillage from fistulectomy wound?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes dark stools and itchy anus?
- What causes burning in the upper part of throat?
- What does elevated CA level indicate?