question-icon

Suggest dosage for Augmentin

Posted on Tue, 10 Nov 2015
Question: hi doc ,my son was diagnosed with a typhoid fever and was given augmentin 375mg, 1 tablet twice daily for 7days. my son is 22kg and just about 5yrs old.am worried the dose might be too much for him.pls kindly advise. Tnk u...
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
The dose is not high but augmentin is not appropriate for typhoid

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to the HCM
I understand your concerns but don't worry. The dose is not high for his age and weight. But for typhoid the treatment is not appropriate.
I would recommend you to post his reports for my reference and his clinical symptoms (during illness and after treatment), so that I could guide you in the best possible way to treat him.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician