• question-icon

Suggest dosage for Adderall

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I completed a full round of TMS therapy. However, I I was also battling an Adderall addiction. So, during my therapy, I was taking extra Adderall. I'm terrified that I sabotaged the entire TMS therapy session. Towards the very end of the therapy, I quit the Adderall cold turkey. So now I'm going through the psychological and physiological withdrawals from Adderall. After these symptoms subside, will all the benefits of my TMS therapy??
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Adderall will not affect TMS benefits.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related doubts

I can understand your concern. I'd like to tell you that Adderall is a stimulant drug and acts mainly by altering neurotransmission in brain. The drug doesn't interfere with rTMS therapy. rTMS acts by stimulating target areas by altering magnetic field.

So I don't think the use of Adderall will affect the benefits of TMS therapy. You can remain relaxed.

Since you have stopped Adderall use now so I'd advise you to please avoid abusing Adderall again. The withdrawal will go in few days and then you will feel better.

Thanks and Take care

You are welcome to ask follow up doubts.
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 9 minutes later
Thank you tremendously for your sincere reassurance!

If perhaps the rTMS therapy does not completely eliminate my MDD/High resistance to all antidepressants, may I go through rTMS entirely again in about a year or a bit less time?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can go for repeat rTMS

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Yes that could be a possibility that even after rTMS your symptoms are persisting, but that has nothing to do with Adderall use.

Yes you can go for repeat sessions of rTMS again in coming time. rTMS is a safe procedure and has no serious long term side effects.

Thanks.

You can ask again if you have more to ask.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist