Suggest diet to treat cardiovascular diseases
Balanced healthy diet
you can follow the following instructions for a healthy heart;
1) you should decrease your portion sizes and stick to small meal sizes. a serving of pasta should be only equal to half a cup while a serving of meat/ chicken or fish should be about 2-3 ounces
2) reduce sodium in your diet, your daily intake of salt should not exceed one teaspoon
3) you should increase you daily intake of fresh or frozen vegetables and fruits but avoid canned fruits of vegetables with high sugar content and fried vegetables
4) you should increase your whole grain content in your diet as it regulates blood pressure and is good for heart health such as whole wheat flour, while grain bread, high fiber cereals, brown rice, while wheat pasta and oats. You should avoid while flour, white bread, corn bread, doughnuts, cakes, biscuits, pies and high fat crackers.
5) you should limited your saturated and trans fats by avoiding butter , lard, cream sauce, bacon fat, cocoa butter, coconut and palm oil. Healthy fats include olive, canola, vegetables and nuts oil
6) you should choose proteins that contain Low fat content such as skimmed milk, yoghurt and cheese, eggs, fish, skinless poultry, legumes and soya beans. You should avoid full fat milk and dairy, organ meat as liver, hot dogs, sausages, bacon and fried meat
I hope I answered your question
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cardiovascular disease score
- Can crohn s disease be treated with diet
- Hcvd hypertensive cardiovascular disease
- Lactitol is useful in cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular disease and mental illness
- Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Cortisone and cardiovascular disease
- Kidney disease and cardiovascular disease
- Lactitol in cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular disease and renal failure
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?