Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suggest diet to keep high blood pressure and diabetes under control

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 2105 Questions
What is the best diet for someone suffering from High Blood Pressure and Diabetes. This is for a non vegetarian.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Avoid high fat and salty foods. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should avoid high fat foods like red meat. You can use lean mutton, as a replacement, to reduce the amount of saturated fat intake. Chicken can be taken after removing the skin. Fish can be included in the diet as it contains polyunsaturated fatty acids and the omega-3 essential fatty acids. A deep fried food should be avoided. Steamed, baked, roasted or grilled foods should be preferred. Salt used in cooking should be low in sodium. Eat 5-6 small meals instead of three big meals. Drink lots of water daily. I would also suggest that you should get your blood tested regularly for fasting blood sugar, lipid profile and thyroid profile. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor