Suggest diet to gain weight

Dietitian & Nutritionist
Question
Hello Doctor , I want to gain my weight what are the things to be followed and what should I eat ?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Weight & Lifestyle

Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed Answer Below

Detailed Answer:
HI,

Greetings for HealthcareMagic.

For weight gain it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and choose foods with care. The key to healthy weight gain is a high protein diet with sufficient calories and regular physical exercises, especially weight and strength training.
Include nuts, milk and its products like paneer and curd, whole pulses, mature legumes like rajmah, channa etc. to get your daily protein. If you take non veg than chicken fish and egg whites are best options. Healthy carbohydrates can be obtained from whole cereals, fruits and foods like pasta and shakes.

Divide your meals into smaller and more frequent portions. To help you take healthier foods in sufficient quantities it is important to avoid the unhealthy snacks like burger, fries food etc.

Fruits and vegetables are also important they provide co- factors that helps in improving digestion of food and assimilation of nutrients for a healthier body. Regular exercises would help the body in converting the dietary protein to muscles and hence allow you to gain healthy muscle mass instead of accumulation of fat.

Hope this helps.

Meenakshi