Suggest diet to be avoided by a person with B+ blood group

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: Which all food to be avoided by B+ blood group
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Avoid chicken

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for asking HealthcareMagic,

I have gone through your query. Avoid chicken meat. But you can have eggs. Other poultry like Duck also should be avoided. Limited portions of turkey can be taken.

You should also limit or avoid corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, pumpkin, tomatoes, sesame seeds and peanut.

You can have oats and rice. You can have red meats like mutton, lamb or rabbit in limited portion. Avoid shellfish, lobster, crab or shrimp also.

Avoid coconuts, pomegranate and avocados also. Avoid garbanzo beans and black beans.
Choose low-fat milk low-fat diary products.

Let me know if anything's not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 4 hours later
what's the reason for avoiding few food depending upon blood group
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is based of earlier habitat and evolution

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again

Thank you for your follow up query. Diet based on blood group came after some studies. It is based on earlier habitat and evolution of blood groups.
It is also identified that certain food items can create irritation and even autoimmune reaction in some blood groups. For eg poultry meat can stimulate autoimmune reaction in b positive group. This is also based on studies.Some foods also irritate intestine and cause inflammation in certain blood group people.

Hope this may help you.
Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 55 minutes later
Thanks for reply
Is it ok to have flaxseed ?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can take flaxseed

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again

Thank you for your follow up query.

Yes, you can take flaxseed. It doesn't cause any harm in blood group B.

Let me know if you have any follow up or further queries.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 10 hours later
Thanks for replying in detail
I have few questions
1. if we want to reduce weight then can we have Grapes, XXXXXXX or banana ?
2. Does having lemon honey water on empty stomach leads to weight loss
3. is it OK to have rice both the time a day
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
In moderation.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up query.

1. You can have grapes mangoes and banana. But it should be in moderation. Avoid in juice form. Take whole fruit.
2. Lemon honey water on empty stomach is a good antioxidant and also aid in weight loss.
3. You can take rice both times a day. But use brown rice. Avoid white rice. White rice will shoot up insulin and aid in weight gain. It will be better if you substitute oats for rice one time.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.