Suggest diet restrictions for typhoid fever in children
Lightly cooked food should be fine for him.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Typhoid is a waterborne disease that gets controlled on treatment with proper antibiotics.
There is no specific dietary restriction advisable in typhoid (excepting for avoidance of too spicy or oily food). The main motive behind a typhoid patient's diet is to supply proper nutrition, and to balance the water and electrolyte proportion in the patient's body. Milk, fruit juices and barley are good options. The emphasis in this diet should be on raw or lightly cooked vegetables and fresh fruits.
There is no specific rest recommendation either. He is free to take up his regular activities so longer as his physical condition permits him to do so.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diet during typhoid fever
- Diagnosis typhoid fever in children
- Typhoid fever in children zinnat
- Typhoid fever diet chart
- Typhoid fever in children
- Dietary restrictions in typhoid fever
- Typhoid fever symptoms in children
- Typhoid fever diet for children
- Causes of typhoid fever in children
- Diet restrictions for typhoid fever